Access to Information
Federal and provincial access to information laws provide accountability and transparency to public bodies at all levels of government.
Our services include advice and representing regarding:
- All matters regarding the Federal Access to Information Act, and Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Drafting access to information requests.
- Responding to third-party information requests.
- Appeals to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, including mediations and the inquiry process.
- Judicial reviews of access to information decisions.
Privacy issues are top of mind for many individuals, business, and government. Privacy rules are complicated and sometimes counter-intuitive.They span numerous laws, regulations, and policies. We provide advice in both managing an organization’s privacy obligations, and protecting the privacy of individual clients when it is threatened.